100 good small business ideas with low investment
There are hundreds of good small business ideas which can be started with low investment to high investment. These small business ideas are suitable for individuals, college students, house-wives and retired seniors based on the time they can spend. In this article, I would detail about 100 Best small business ideas which you can look and select based on your age, time, investment and interest.
100 Good Small Business Ideas
1) Photo mugs and plates: This is one of the good innovative small business ideas. If you like creativity, you can print photo on mugs and plates. People would keep such things as memorable thing in their life.
2) Start a grocery store business: If you have 2-3 family members, you can start a grocery store business. It requires some capital, but it would create good opportunity for you to earn decent money.
3) Staffing solutions: With the unemployment rate increasing, people are looking for various jobs. People can be literate or illiterate; hence starting a staffing solution would be one of the best small business ideas. Starting this small business would require very low investment. If you are good at recruiting the people, earning thousands of dollars every month is simple.
4) Real estate consultant: Real estate is one industry which has been growing consistently across the world. If you have good networking skills, you can start real estate consultant business. Generally real estate consultants charge 1% to 2% of real estate value as commission. This is a one of the best small business idea who is good in networking and has large network circle.
5) Starting a gift basket business: This is new business idea and yet to see the potential in the business. The idea here is creating a gift basket theme consists of food items, dry fruits and gifts that suits a particular category like movie lovers, college students, college girls etc. If you like creating new innovative things, such small business ideas suits you better.
6) Day care centre: Do you love children? Then why don’t you start a day care centre. You need a small investment to start, but when you select good location and provide unique facilities, your business can be successful.
7) Groceries delivery centre: This is one of the innovative ideas to start small business. The idea is here to groceries to the door step of the consumer with some additional charge. Everyone is busy in the fast pace world. If you provide this facility at small charge, people would love this. You should have tie-ups with shop owners to do this.
8) Stationery or book shop: Opening a book store or stationery shop is one of the best small business ideas who want to run a family business. It can include books, stationery or management books etc. This business idea has become famous as family members can run this business with little knowledge. However this business idea requires moderate investment. Adding special items to the book store would enhance your business.
9) Custom made festival gifts: Have you observed the special gifts during festival seasons? You can try any innovative methods of preparing gifts for the festivals.
10) Start your own blog / website: If you have a hobby about a particular domain or niche, you can start a blog and start educating to the people. Once your blog is successful, you can place Google Ads and other local ads and start generating income. It would take at least 6 months to 8 months to start earning money through this business. It is one of the best small business ideas for those who are experts in a particular activity and willing to write such things on the website.
11) Insurance Advisor: You can act as insurance advisor. Insurance advisors in India would keep getting fixed commissions till the time the insurance policy is live. This is a good business idea for senior citizens or people who have just retired. Due to their huge networking contacts, they can easily sell few policies and start making money.
12) Financial advisor: If you are professional and have knowledge about investments, you can start as financial advisor. Financial advisor is one who provides financial advices or investment advices to clients like investing in Stocks, Mutual funds, fixed income opportunities etc. In return he would get financial advisor fees which would range between $ 100 to $ 150 per advice. This is one of the best small business ideas who are passionate about investments and who keep doing research in various investment options and looks at trends on how they behave at various market cycles.
13) Gift articles Shoppe: Start a Shoppe of Gift articles. If you are creative and always look for creative or innovative things, this business idea best suits you. This business can also run by family members. However they may not add much value except to take care of customers.
14) Start a poultry farm business: This is good business to start provided you have some capital to invest. Chickens are one of the major sources of animal meat apart from meat from goat, pork and fish. Poultry farm business is growing year on year and is expected to grow aggressively in future.
15) Event management: If you have a creativity and can create some fun at the parties, this business would be best suitable for you. Even management is one where need to take care end to end responsibility by creating the good ambience at party, place staff who can create fun and enjoyment at the events.
16) Sell products on eBay: Selling products on eBay is another good idea. You need to sign-up on eBay and look for hot products and start your business. There is wide variety of options and even you may need not own a product, but you can sell the product online through eBay. This option has become famous as no warehouse or purchasing is required.
17) Teach what you: This is one of the best small business ideas who are expert in a particular activity like teaching, music, singing etc. Start coaching the people, what you are good at. If someone asks me to talk about how to create a blog or website and how to take this to top page on Google search engine, I can talk for 5 to 6 hours non-stop. If you have such skill, you consider this as one of the best small business ideas.
18) Ice cream shop business: Opening an ice cream parlor / shop would be a top small business idea. Even this business can be run by the family members and no special expertise is required.
19) Chocolate shop business: This is one of the emerging small business ideas. If you love chocolates, this business idea can create some excitement for you.
20) Website designer: If you have a skill on how to design a website, you can help people by creating a website of their choice and charge them. The charges would range between $ 100 to $ 500 depending on the content.
21) Website SEO consultant: There are several websites which are being created. However if you notice only few are surviving. The websites which are created are not popping up in Google search results and there are low visitors to the sites. How to improve the ranking of the website, so that more visitors visit the website. The search engine optimization (SEO) consultant would work on improving the website ranking so that websites gets more visitors and more business is done. If you like internet and exploring various things on the internet world, this would be one of the best small business ideas for you.
22) Yoga instructor: This would be a good idea for women and senior citizens or college students who want to spend few hours and want to make money.
23) Wedding planner: Wedding planner is similar to event management. However the difference is this business idea restricts to wedding. If you have passion about buying things at lesser costs and creating fun at parties, this business idea best suits you.
24) Jewellery maker: If you are the gold lover and like the jewellery designs, you can start your small business as jewellery maker. While you enjoy all your moments working on gold, you also earn good income.
25) Interior designer: This is a good emerging business idea in some of the countries like India. If you think you can use your creativity to keep your home beautiful all the time, you can consider this business opportunity.
Part-Time Business Ideas you can start today
26) Home Tutor: If you like teaching, you can work as home tutor by teaching children. You can either call children to your home or you can pick-up few students and you can spend 2-3 hours in a day and teach them at students home. This is a good part-time business idea for college students and house wives.
27) Arts and Crafts: If you like creativity, you can work at home on arts and crafts. You can do several things including photo mugs and plates business by spending few hours in a day. This would be a good idea for people who would like to explore new things and interested in creativity.
28) Sell items through e-Bay: If you like trading (buying and selling), you should choose this business idea. You can sell several things on e-Bay. There are several good options where you need not own anything and you can buy them online and sell them to the people who are looking for such products.
29) Yoga Trainer: If you are retired, you can choose this as part-time business idea. You can work as Yoga trainer in a community hall or school premises during morning or evening hours and make money. Due to severe work pressure, everyone is looking for physical exercise and yoga classes. This would be good idea for individuals who retired and who cannot go around the places to earn money.
30) Part time photography: If you love photography, you can choose this as part time business. You can plan for wedding photography or photography for special events where you can spend few hours and earn money.
31) Train people on what you know: If you have any expert skills, you can spend few hours in a day and earn money. It includes any specific domain knowledge, functional knowledge, expertise in technical skills like Java, Dot net etc.
32) Financial Advisor: There are many people who spend their evening for few hours in advising people on how an individual need to do their financial planning and investments. I specifically spend few hours in a week and earn few thousands of rupees in India by doing this as part time business. I felt this would be good for those who are retired as they would have gained vast knowledge in managing money and investments.
33) Event Planning: If you can create fun at party or at events, you can consider this as part-time business idea. There would be specific events conducted by schools, colleges, companies etc. where you can create fun and plan the event well and earn money.
34) Write articles and make money: If you are good in writing skills, you can consider this part-time business idea. There are several magazines and news papers which provide opportunity for writing articles on part time. You can also write on hubpages.com or Squidoo.com and earn money. Good part is there is no restriction on how many articles you need to write. Depending on the quality of articles, you would get money.
35) Earn money by uploading videos to YouTube: If you like photo shooting and can do some creative videos, this business idea would suit you better. You can create videos, upload them to YouTube and start earning money. There are more than 10 ways where you can earn money after you upload the videos to YouTube.
36) Catering Service: There are small events or birthday occasions where people prefer to order the food to catering services. If you can prepare good food, you can get orders and execute by spending few hours in a week. This would be a good part-time business idea who loves food.
37) DJ: If you love music, you can work as DJ in special events or weddings and make money.
38) Stitching clothes: You can spend few weeks and get trained on how to stitch clothes. Once you learn, you can start stitching clothes. You can do this as part-time business and make good amount of money. This would be best suitable for house-wives who get few hours free time in a day.
39) Teach Music: If you love music, you can teach music to students at home or at music academy. By spending few hours in a day, while you earn decent money, you would also enjoy it.
40) Part time sales clerk: There are several individuals who are spending few hours in the evening in a shopping mall as sales clerk and earning money. This would be good part-time business idea for college students as they can get hands-on training experience on how to sell a product.
41) Event decorators: These days even for small events, people prefer to do decoration. If you have some creativity, you can spend few hours in a day for such event decorators and make money.
42) Computer Hardware Repair: If you are interested in computer hardware repair, you can choose business idea.
43) Insurance Advisor: You can also do part-time business as insurance advisor. Insurance advisor approaches individuals who are looking for insurance needs and sell them the products. Once the product is purchased by an individual, advisor would get commission. Sometimes he would get regular yearly income on the policies sold. This part-time business idea would be best suitable for retired people who might have good networking.
44) Arranging small trips: If you like travelling, you can arrange for small trips or tours and charge them a fee. While you would earn money, you would also enjoy travelling which you like.
45) Computer Tutor: If you have computer knowledge, you can work as computer tutor in the evenings at home or part time at a school. You can also work in a computer training centre in the morning or evening hours. This part-time business idea would be good for college students as they can earn while learning.
46) Entertain through cultural programmes: If you love entertaining people, you can arrange cultural programmes on and often and make some money. Though this business would not be full time, you can make some money out of it.
47) Evening home food: There are several elderly house wives who provide evening home food for a price. Though you may not make good money, but you can run this business from home and earn some money.
48) Hiring consultant: There are various companies who are looking to hire people. However if you have good contacts, you can work as hiring consultant and provide resumes to such companies. If the candidates are selected, you would get commission up to 1 month salary of the person hired. This would be suitable for elders who are retired and who want to spend few hours in a day.
49) Website designer: If you have some technical skills, you can get trained in website designing and earn good money. While you would not frequent orders for this, but you would get very good decent money as the price for website designing is very high. SEO consultant: If you are computer savvy, you would know what SEO is. All websites would look for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) consultants so that they get good ranking for their web pages in Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. You can take few hours of training on SEO, start helping website owners and earn decent money.
Hobbies that can be converted into business
50) Yoga instructor: In the fast growing world, everyone has become busy. If you have developed a hobby about Yoga and can teach people, you can work as Yoga instructor and start making money. You may need to spend few hours in the morning or evening to turn this hobby into business and make money.
51) Photography: If you are passionate about photography, you can make money through several ways. You can start a photography studio, open photography school, sell photography, earn money through Youtube etc. If you can work for more than one channel, you can earn decent money.
52) Music: Everyone on the earth loves Music. If you have developed a hobby about music, you can work as good music player at parties, take music lessons at your home, rent a music studio and teach people.
53) Fashion Designer: If you are regular checker of magazine front cover and keep discussing about fashion, you can try as fashion designer. Fashion designer designs the clothes based on latest trends. You can participate in fashion designing seminars, fashion designing shows, work as personal stylists. You can also create a blog and create a book and write about fashion designing. You can easily turn this hobby into business and make money. This is a good small business idea who likes creativity.
54) Blogging: If you are good in writing, you can create a website or blog and start writing on your favorite topic. Writing on a topic which you are interested gives happiness along with income. If you are not keen in starting a website or blog, you can still create free websites or write on Squidoo or Hub pages for free and earn money.
55) Event Management: If you are good in making arrangements for a party and create some fun, you can try event management as a business. You should be able to plan the event, create fun, execute within the budget.
56) Art work: Do you love art work. Are you passionate about doing things like painting, drawing etc. Why don’t you try photo mugs and plates businesss. Such unique business ideas are there for people who love art work.
57) Teaching: Do you love teaching kids or elders on various subjects. You can convert this hobby into business and make money. You can teach kids at home or rent a place and teach kids and elders in the morning and evenings. This is a good small business idea who likes teaching children.
58) Advisors: Do you love analyzing things and giving advices. You can analyze investments and become financial advisor. You can review insurance policies and become insurance advisor. You can create a website/blog on this subject and start advising people. Alternatively you can just post a free Ad on quickr.com or olx.in. People would approach you and you can advice and charge them.
59) Cooking: Do you love cooking? Do your neighbors or relatives appreciate the food you prepare? You can prepare your favorite food items and sell these home made products in the market. There are various ways on how you can market and sell home made products.
Other Small Business Ideas
60) Become LIC Agent: If you have good networking, this is a good small business idea.
61) Start e-commerce business in India
62) Start a courier business. This is a good business idea who likes want to spare few hours in a day especially in the evening.
63) Start pharmacy business
64) Start online portal recommending insurance policies like Policybazaar.com
65) Start office automation products like AK Enterprises
66) Start social mobile messaging service like Gupshup.com
67) Start affiliate marketing
68) Develop software like Quick Heal antivirus. This is a good small business idea for those who are software developers and want to have their own business.
69) Event Planning business
70) Online market place for Car repairs like repairandgo.com. This is a unique business idea for those who want to set-up their own business in vehicle repairs in big way.
71) Start a awesome book store if you like reading books.
72) Start a dance school or dance academy
73) Make money with various ways as photographer
74) Start wireless products business like nimble.com
75) Start export business
76) Develop educational board games like madratgames. It would be idea business idea for individuals who love games and want to make their career from such sector.
77) Start computer training institute
78) Start a mosquito net business
79) Create online bus ticket service like redubus.in
80) Start mutual fund broker. This would be idea business for those who loves doing analysis on various mutual funds and recommend to customers apart from maintaining customer mutual funds portfolio.
81) Open a kirana / grocery store
82) Start any franchise business. This is a good small business idea for those who do not want to take risk in setting up any business, but want professional help in setting up business in a particular segment.
83) Create security solutions business like Zicom Security solutions
84) Start an advertising agency
85) Sell vegetables online
86) Selling honey online like under the mango tree
87) Start a school books publishing company. If you want to make your business in educational line, it would be good small business idea.
88) Open a boutique for women wear
89) Start a consulting business
90) Sell your home made products. If you are house-wife and good in preparing special sweets or special food products, this would be a ideal small business idea.
91) Start your career as freelancer and earn money online
92) Set-up your own internet café business. Best suitable for retired and college students who want to spend few hours in a day.
93) Start a corporate carpet cleaning business
94) Set-up an old age home. If you love and care elders, it would be a good small business idea
95) Set-up a factory to start a biscuits manufacturing or any other product manufacturing unit.
96) Start a chit fund company
97) Open a stock broker firm
98) Starting a super market and selling consumer regular consumption goods
99) Starting an online plumbing service. This unique business idea is currently not available anywhere.
100) Sell beautiful curtains offline or online through website. If you love creativity, this could one of the good small business ideas for you.
Readers, I would like to have your feedback and suggestions about this article. You can leave a comment in below comments section.
If you liked this article, share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook and Twitter. The links are provided below.
Team – Allbusinessideas.com
100 good small business ideas with low investment